Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Provo River 1/2 Marathon

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these pictures up! My whole family ran the 1/2 marathon on Saturday, August 11!



This picture is before the race where we waited for an hour before it started! We got up there around 5:30 and it was so cold and dark. My mom and sisters curled in a ball and put their jackets over their legs! I wish we would have taken pictures of it because they looked so funny! But it was seriously that cold! By the time the race started we all had our jackets off!







Mark was the first to finish out of our group! I thought I would at least run with him the first couple of miles but literally at mile one he was about 4 minutes in front of me... ha ha! He did awesome though and it was fun to see him at the finish line when I came across!



Not to long after Mark I trickled in... I had to laugh when I saw this picture because I seem so happy go lucky but I can remember wanting to die at this point! I had just seen the finish line a few yards away so I got happy at this point! It was a good race for me though. The last mile was actually my favorite this time, one because I knew I was almost done and two because I couldn't wait to see my family all cross! Plus you feel a great acomlishment when these things are over!





















The End... we all finished and had a good time! My favorite was when my mom crossed the finish line with my dad because all of us where there to cheer her on and she got teary eyed! It was the greatest thing to see here finish!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

melissa said...

RACK!! YOUR BACK!!! first of all, LOVED those pictures of your race, it really did make me want to be there so bad! and can I just tell you that I honestly just stared at your legs for about 10 minutes, they are perfect! your legs alone made me want to start running again. BUT more importantly, HOW THE HECK WAS CALI!!??? and yes, me and brad seriously need to post something, but we never remember to take pictures!! when the heck are we all going to hang out? please lets plan something ASAP!!! seeing all these pictures honestly makes me want to see you and all the girls!!

Allie said...

Great accomplishment, you two! I'm proud of you!

Jenny and John said...

racquel cool i am commenting you... well what a race that turned out to be really fun..... look now we can look back and say "wow".

p.s. i want your legs