Friday, August 22, 2008
My 8-8-08 (Long overdue)
I thought I would tell whats been going as of late.... On the famous 8-8-08 I was in a wonderful car accident (wonderful isn't the right word to use though) I was driving home from my parents house in South Jordan and was stopped at the intersection of 11400 S. and redwood road waiting for the light to turn green. When it did I proceeded to go through the intersection only to look to my left and see a car coming straight at me through the red light (that picture will forever haunt me) She hit and spun me then hit into another car straight on that was waiting in the turn lane. With the air bags going off they create a smoke and a burning smell in your car, so my first thought was that the car was going to blow. It of course was not going to blow but it is funny how your mind thinks in times of panic. I went and sat on the curb and all the people that were helping said they were going to send the doctors over from the clinic that was on the corner to check me because I am 8 months pregnant. Well the fire department, the ambulance, the South Jordan cops and the doctors from the clinic all come and start doing what they do... in the mean time I am still just in shock, trying to talk to Mark on the phone and answering every ones question around me. I remember just sitting there shaking and I was saying my leg hurt (??? Once again it is interesting the things you think when you are in panic mode) A doctor came over to listen to the babies heart beat and says to me, " I can't hear a heart beat. " I can't imagine what that women was thinking to tell a 8 month pregnant women who just got in an accident and is shaking on the side of the road that she can't hear my baby? Anyways to try to make this short... they took me in the ambulance up to Alta View hospital so they could check the baby. Finally when they got me to the hospital I felt my little man kick and it couldn't have been a better feeling. After that I was ready to go home but they insisted on doing every test they could possibly think... so I ended up being in the hospital for 6 hours. I told Mark it was good practice for when we would be doing the same thing in a month. So all in all I feel really blessed that nothing serious happened and we had no serious injuries. The worst part about it was the fact that the lady who hit me ended up having no insurance and my car was totaled so that is what we are dealing with now... I'll take that over getting hurt or loosing my baby any day though! I guess my 8-8 of 08 will forever be remembered now...
These are the pictures we took in the hospital, you can tell I look really happy! I wish we would have taken some of the car but I guess I didn't think to get my camera out in the moment....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Well geez!! That's definitly exciting, just not the kind of excitement you hope for. I'm glad to see everything's ok.
Scary! I can't imagine seeing a car coming directly toward me and not being able to get out of the way. I'm so glad you and the babe are okay. That is a crazy 8/8/08 story! You are going be such a great mom! Take care!
Oh scary! I'm so glad that you and the baby are ok. That's such a bummer though, hope you get everything worked out. And good luck in the next month with the baby! It seemed like the last few weeks really snuck up on me and all the sudden I was a mom...be prepared:)
whoa, that is really scary! I'm so glad that you and your little boy were okay. How exciting that he will be here so soon!
I am so glad you are okay! That is so scary. I almost started crying reading it. You guys are so blessed. Love ya!
Oh Raquel, that is so scary! What a freaking idiot driver who hit you. I'm so glad you and the baby are ok! On a plus note, you look cute in the hospital. You are still so tiny, I can't believe there is a baby in there!!!
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT?????? RACQUEL!! oh my gosh, when i texted you last night i had NO IDEA this had happened!! k, i can't believe your luck with car accidents, i promise i refuse to let you drive because everyone is out to get you on the road! Gosh i'm so happy and relieved your ok, i seriously was sitting on the edge of my seat while reading this freakin story! My word, i just want to hug you and your poor little babes. Hes a trooper:). I'm so glad you 2 are ok, i really hated that story...let me know if you need anything rack!
That is Scary! Im glad everything is ok.
um what the heck!?! SO scary, and that makes me want to go ram that person that got you! Im sorry. I hope you are feeling better. Be careful k?
What a nightmare! I'm glad everything is okay! I can't believe that lady didn't have insurance. Hopefully you can get everything worked out.
Holy cow! I seriously have been scared of getting in a wreck since I got pregnant cuz you feel like you would be so helpless if someone else hit you! I'm SO glad you both are okay! And seriously, what was that nurse thinking! What an idiot! And that's really funny what you said about your baby kicking at those monitors on your stomach cuz Beckam does the same thing EVERY TIME I have them on! Even DURING contractions! (Which isn't so cute then cuz it actually kinda hurts.. haha). Good luck with your last little bit! I hope you're not too uncomfortable!
Post a Comment