Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's a......

I have been so excited for May 5Th forever it seems and yesterday it finally came. I really did have butterflies in my stomach walking into the Dr. office because I was so excited! You have to drink tons of water when you go in so I had to pee pee really bad on top of being so anxious so I was dying. The lady who did our ultra sound was awesome and she got started right away... I stepped on the scale, peed in a cup, and checked my blood pressure all after the ultra sound (she must have sense my anxiousness). It is one of the most amazing things seeing your little baby in your belly! Right when they come up on screen your heart drops. Anyways... she checks out the brain and the spine and some other things then ask if we want to find out. Keep in mind that the majority of people have thought girl, I have bought a girl outfit, and I have been calling it a girl. Mark on the other hand has wanted a boy but just this morning said he thought it was a girl. So she says... ITS A BOY! We looked at the screen and sure enough, clear as day, our little man is showing off his goodies! Mark yelled, "OH YEA" and I was shock but so happy to finally know. He is so sweet! I already love him so much! It is the most amazing thing being a mom and feeling this little guy in my belly all day. He is quiet the mover, I started feeling him at 15 weeks and now I feel him everyday. It is the best feeling in the world to experience. I am constantly thinking about our now BOY and Mark and I couldn't be more excited! So to answer some of the questions we get a lot.... I have been sick. I finally got on the pill so it has helped a ton but if there is ever a day I forget to take it I am so sick that day, so I might never get off those because it is miserable. I still have a hard time eating certain things... its like my smell and taste have changed in some ways so things I find I use to love I gag and the sound of them now. It makes me sad some days when all I have eaten is cold cereal and others are enjoying a nice meal! I am half way done with my pregnancy and besides the sickness so far, so good! I can't wait for the day he comes but to tell you the truth I am a little nervous of the day I will bring him into this world....


Since I haven't blogged in forever... (sorry Clint and Elle for everyone having to look at your wedding pictures for the last 2 months we haven't blogged anything new) Mark and I have been babysitting for the last two weeks so I have been away from the blogging world. This is a picture of our Georgia trip. We went back and watched my cousins while my aunt and uncle were away. We had a lot of fun and made some fun memories, we love the Georgia Josies. This is the night we had a Mexican fiesta and Mark had the idea to draw Mexican mustaches on our faces. We really had a great time! I have to give a big Thanks to Mark for the last two weeks. I have dragged him along with me on our latest babysitting trips and he never complains but ends up having kids hanging off him and begging him to play with them so he ends up doing all the work. Thanks baby! These last couple are of our sweet little boy and the latest belly shot! Hope you enjoy and sorry for the long absence.


20 comments:

Allie said...

You are not showing at all! You look so good. I am so excited for you guys! Congrats. It was way fun seeing you Saturday! I especially loved our converstaion... still a bit pissed. :) jk! I hope I see you again soon!

Teandra said...

Congratulations! That's great news!

SaRah G. said...

congratulations!!! you are TINY!!! are you sure you have a baby in there!??! =)

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

RACK!!!!!! My word, a little boy!! I'm going to picture that your family is going to be exactly like Lady and the Tramp and you are only going to have little Mark's for boys and little racquels for girls, but seriously, i'm ticked i found out on through the blogging world, but i know how busy a schedule can get! and seriously, your 4 months pregnant and you are still half my size...you still got bod! Your looking so cute and i couldn't be happier about the update! If you need anything, i'm a call away:)

Anonymous said...

ope, ummm racquel, i'm on brads parents computer, so sorry it came up "jeff and lisa elder"...its Melissa!

Anonymous said...

You look so little! I can't believe it! I hope I'm like you! Haha I think i Tagged you a long time ago! Probably not even up on my page anymore! Just thought I'd let ya know... we're going private. Don't know if you read our blog or not.. but if you wanna be able to read send me a comment with ur email:)

Clark Family said...

Oh congrats!! Boys are so fun. I wish I still looked as good as you for being pregnant!

the murdocks said...

Ok first off, you look skinnier than you've ever looked. Holy smokes girl! When I was pregnant with Cooper I threw up so much I was smaller too at that time. Thanks heavens for the drugs! I'm glad you are feeling better, aren't they wonderful? I can't be preg without them. It's fun we are in the same boat. Pregnancy sucks at this point with the sickness and all, but by the last few months you get this crazy urge to clean like a man woman and stay busy. It's so nice to have that after having so little energy. Don't worry, you WILL feel normal again! (I never thought I would) Anyway, I hope you start to feel better soon. Cold cereal rocks.

Tamara Jacobs said...

congratulations! That will be so fun to have a little boy. Your tummy is tiny! You would never even guess you were preggo:) Any names picked out?

Heidi Wing said...

Congrats to you!! Thats so fun your having a boy!!! i wish i new what i was having... its killin me, im going to be like you so dang excited!!! Congrats again!!

chelsey said...

YAY! I'm so happy you guys are having a boy!!!! For some reason I think it's good to start out with boys...so they can protect their siblings or something...HOW FUN!!!! I hope your next trimester is better than your first! I hear it is. But you have to keep posting pics so I can stay updated on your baby bump! (Which is non-existent at this point!) But you look so good and so happy! I'm so happy for you guys!
And go Mark for bein a trooper with the babysitting! That really is awesome! And definitely some good practice before he gets his own little guy!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

We are really happy for you both!!! A little addition to the family..It was great seeing you guys on Sunday. Hope you have a great week. Love you guys xox

SarJuh said...

yay a boy!!! i love little boys!!! congrats! Im excited for you guys!

Adrienne said...

congrats! that is wonderful news. sorry it took so long to get the mattress. i'll make sure jd gives josh the $. thanks!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Little marks running around... how crazy will that be? How exciting for you guys. You look really good Raquel... you don't even have a tummy yet!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. I found your profile and you look so cute. Can't wait to see the little one when it comes.

RIndi said...

Hey I didn't get to talk to you at Kylene's shower but congratulations! That is so fun! Boys are awesome! I was sick all the way until the middle of my 6th month too and it sucks! That's awesome you have a medicine that works though! I don't think your appetite comes all the way to where everything sounds as good as it used to but at least it gets a little better (at least it did with me)! Anyway good luck and keep me updated! I just love babies and being pregnant is nasty but so wonderful!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on having a little boy! We are so excited for you guys. you look great, you don't even look pregnant!

Mark and Mel said...

Yay, a boy! Congrats, that is so exciting! Dang girl, you are not even showing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna hear how your pregnancy is going!!!